I have a 5 y.o that had stainless caps put in over her baby teeth and this morning i seen she had dry blood around her lips so woke her up to clean it then had he open her mouth seen that one of the caps where bleeding from the gums is this normal she had the caps put in two days ago i just want to make sure this is normal or should i be worried thank you

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - December - 2017, at 06:00 AM

• Giving stainless steel caps for the baby teeth is very normal procedure. The stainless steel crown does not cause bleeding. May be there is some inflammation on the gum which is the cause of bleeding. Sometimes food lodgment is there which causes the gum irritation and the bleeding is there. Make sure that the tooth which has stainless steel crown is not paining. If there is pain in that tooth along with bleeding then you have to consult the dentist. Maintain very good oral hygiene for your child. Make sure that she brushes twice daily once is the morning and once at night. Night brushing is very important and after that she should not take anything. Any food lodgment can irritate the gum and cause problem. The stainless steel crowns are very safe and inert for the children. They don’t cause any problem. The any problem with them is if they are not adjusted well like they are high. In that case it can cause pain as the child is not able to close the mouth properly. Make her do rinses and if it repeats then consult your dentist. For more information on crown in children you can visit the following link on our website.  http://www.identalhub.com/blog/236/crowns-in-children

Free Dental Consultation