hi, the skin flap behind my 2 front teeth is beyond swollen and very sore as well as the gum flap from having .u wisdom teeth cut out about 10 years ago, it flap is still there but my dentist I had saw said it would go away in a few weeks, but 10 years later I still have it, it collects food like crazy and it gets irrated alot, I don't have insurance to see a dentist I brush, floss rinse, I just dk what else I could do I watch my foods are they anything otc that might help

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - December - 2017, at 06:08 AM

• You have not mentioned about the teeth i.e. they are upper or lower front teeth. If they are lower then it can be because of deposition of plaque as this is the most common area for the plaque to get deposit and irritate the gums. The other can be food lodgement. In that case you have it go to the dentist and get the cleaning done. If that is not possible then you can do warm saline rinses 2 to 3 times a day and apply the gum paint which is available OTC. If they are upper teeth then it can be because of some trauma or because of food impaction. In that case also warm saline rinses and gum paint will help but you should see a dentist as because of swelling the bone resorption is there and the teeth can become mobile. These are front teeth. so you have to save them at any account. About your flap because of the extraction of wisdom tooth 10 years back, you have to get it removed surgically as by this time it must have become fibrosed and nothing will help. You can maintain good oral hygiene or apply some gum paint available OTC but already you are doing everything so getting that flap removed is the only option. Without clinical examination it is difficult to give the definite diagnosis as treatment plan depends upon the diagnosis. For more information on swollen gum you can visit the following link on our website.  http://www.identalhub.com/blog/688/how-to-prevent-gingivitis

Free Dental Consultation